English forum for United Kingdom :  Asthme methode Gesret HomeHome - forum - List of practitionners
Welcome on the forum. You will be able to ask your questions here and we will try to give you an answer as quick as possible.
Groovy
Posted by: Rami (IP Logged)
Date: January 28, 2007 06:16PM

Hi everyone. My name is Rami, and I'm a 23 year old man from the Middle East. I'm currently living in Montreal, and have suffered form asthma for the last 19 years of my life. In recent times it seems to have gotten worse, what with the changes in climate and the harsh Canadian winters. I decided to get off my lazy bum and start exercising, in the hopes of increasing my breathing power, as well as my overall physical fitness. So I signed up for Kung Fu classes (Hung Gar style), and have been going for almost a year. Although I felt much better overall, it was often hard to breathe through my nose, so I had a little trouble with some of the breathing techniques practiced. Also, whenever the flu season came around, my friends would catch colds, but I would always catch a cold that went down to my lungs and put me out of comission for a week.
Anyway, I started having back pains around six months ago, and had received some Shiatsu treatments for it from a lovely woman here by the name of Isabelle L'Ecuyer, and when I told her I had asthma, allergies, some eczema and a constant blocked nose, she sent me to see Stephane Dreux, a massotherapist and practicioner of the Gesret method.

So with some dread, lots of anticipation, and very little hope, I decided to go see him, around two weeks ago.
Stephane was a very nice guy, he asked me some questions about my habits, problems, etc, then had me undress and stand up in a position that I was comfortable in. He then had me notice that I was leaning on one leg more than the other, and when I straightened my posture and moved my weight onto both legs, my right foot was pointed outwards much more than my left one. He explained that this is one of the characteristics of asthmatics, having a "fake shorter leg". He said that the side I had trouble with, the one I protected at night and slept over, was the one where I felt like I had a shorter leg, thus leaning on the other one (in my case, the right side is the "fake short leg" one). So he had me lie down, and proceeded to do a bunch of rotating movements, cracking pushes and pulls (similar to an osteopath).

He then had me take deep breaths, and for the first time in a long time, I was truly shocked.

Whereas before I would breathe and my chest would move slightly, at that moment I breathed and my ENTIRE RIB CAGE WOULD RISE. It was an amazing feeling. He then asked me to breathe through my nose, which I did, for the first time since this year's winter had started (around three months). I was absolutely dumbfounded. I couldn't help but think "if this is how it feels after one session, I wonder what'll happen in 3-4".

Anyway, this was Friday the 19th of January.
In the subsequent week, I underwent a few odd changes. The first was that my indecision with regards to my future, my work, my love life and many other things was either diminished or vanished altogether. It was the strangest thing. I decided overnight what I wanted to do with my life, and on a whim invited a coworker that I see often out on a date. I'm not the type of guy to do this kind of thing, requiring much deliberation and thought before making decisions, and most of the time never actually deciding anything.
It was awesome.

I also noticed that the red spots I had on my kneecaps since the age of 5 started to fade, and the other red stuff on my elbows which were a recent development began to itch intensely. They also have diminished since then.

In my second session on January 26th, Stephane told me that he was shocked at the improvement, because cases like mine where things change drastically are usually only seen in kids (although most people say I am a child at heart, so maybe that has something to do with it :-). He claimed that it was probably because I watched my nutrition and exercised regularly, but also that I had followed the rules he had given me about sitting, standing, and most important of all, SLEEPING (to summarize, sit on your butt bones, stand on both legs, and sleep on your back or side, NOT on your stomach). So, some of my ribs had begun reverting to their previous state, and my balance was still kind of messy, but he told me this is normal as I've had these things for around 20 years, they don't get undone in a week. Stephane said that I would need around one month, or a full body cycle for my nervous system and muscles to adapt to the changes (keep in mind a woman's menstrual cycle is around 28 days, so men's cycles are around the same amount of time, this is why a month is required for things to settle in. Well, this is a theory of mine anyway).

So, suffice to say I am ecstatic about the changes, and I'm going to take it easy, and try to follow the instructions to the letter. I'll update you guys again in 1-2 weeks, once the treatments are ended, and once a full month goes by from the first day of treatment, as well as the next time I catch a cold.

Cheers, and good luck to all, as well as a big groovy thank you to Jacques for his research and techniques.

Rami

P.S. Did I mention that I rarely blow my nose anymore? I used to go through 2-3 boxes a week, now I have trouble finishing a small portable pack of ten tissues... Cool eh?

Re: Groovy
Posted by: herwinh (IP Logged)
Date: January 28, 2007 06:34PM

Dear Rami,

A big thank you for your profound comment on our therapy !!

Yes it works and I am sure that in the next months you will still improve your health.

Not only the skin and lungs will increase their function but also all the other organs included your immune system since the Gesret method works on the autonomic nervous system.

It is really important to listen very carefully to the advice of Stephane Dreux who is a good therapist and knows the "secrets" why it all works.

Keep us informed about your progression and in case you have more questions don't hesitate to post them on the forum.

Best regrads,

Erwin Hermans
Instructor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Si vous voulez m'aider au fonctionnement du forum
Ce forum utilise Phorum 5.