English forum for United Kingdom :  Asthme methode Gesret HomeHome - forum - List of practitionners
Welcome on the forum. You will be able to ask your questions here and we will try to give you an answer as quick as possible.
WELCOME !
Posted by: Erwin HERMANS (IP Logged)
Date: March 23, 2002 06:34AM

Hello to every visitor of this forum ! This is an internal service of my website, in contrary of the old one which was abused since some time by agressive publicity. From now on, all the messages are stored in archives which can be consulted at any time.

This forum is strictly reserved for discussion about the website Asthme reality, and the pathologies mentioned in this site. Every message about any other subject, injuries, rudenesses, publicity, will immediately be removed.
Here, you can ask all of your questions about the therapy and the diseases. We will try to answer you as fast as possible.
Also, you can write here your evidences of your satisfaction, or your discontents. In the last case, we will try do do as much as possible to help you.
With kind regards, the moderator: Erwin HERMANS

Re: WELCOME !
Posted by: B. K. (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2002 07:40PM

I have been touring your site with great interest. My question reslates to your method of removing the skewness. You are talking about a self developed method. Is it possible to get a closer description of it. My reason for asking is that in complementary medicine, certain people only describe their methods in very expensive courses, claiming it to be a great success. Of course, only a limited number of people will then be educated and only a few will ever be able to verify the claims.

But with internet, it should be possible to provide others with useful descriptions of the techniques. I know that specifically manipulative techniques are easier to show than describe - but could I persuade you to make an effort.

My father in law suffers from asthma, and definitely corresponds to your description. I have studied various techniques (accupuncture, manipulative and other afferent nerve activating techniques). I am therefore very interested in your ideas in general - but - due to my father in law - also to your techniques specifically.

A final question is if you have ever treated babies. They often get eczemas, which of course might be due to their nervous system still being developed, but it could perhaps also pertain to your observations?

Sincerely
B. Kahler

Date: May 19, 2002 04:17AM

Dear Mr. Kahler,

Thanks for your interest in the Gesret method. Most of the explanations you can find at our website. However, giving a description of all the techniques we are using will lead us too far. It takes part of a course given to osteopaths, manual therapists, physiotherapists and takes three days of private full time training in order to get the movements in your hands. But in short explanations: what we are doing is restoring the wrong body axes from top till toe via very specific techniques, of which a great deal are not known by many osteopaths.Specifically some rib techniques, dorsal and higher cervical manipulations. We have a team with 12 instructors to travel worldwide and teach everybody who is interested in our beautiful method. Off course it is a small number, however, worldwide we will soon have 10 countries with some practicians, so the interest in our job is growing fast.

Maybe you want to join us ?

Talking about eczema and children: I treat children every day from an age of 1 week old till .... The results are fantastic and in some difficult cases we are allways sure where to find the problem areas. So it defenitely is a well structured, proven, registrated and deposed work.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Sincerely,

Erwin HERMANS
Osteopath D.O.
Methode GESRET - Instructor

Posted by: Richard McCarthy (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2002 02:02PM

I would like to know how many treatments are required for an adult or child suffering form asthma ?

R. McCarthy

Date: May 20, 2002 03:40PM

The basic treatment takes about 4 sessions of one hour per treatment for an adult, and less than one hour per treatment for a child.
We start with one treatment once a week during three weeks, with a fourth treatment one month later. This is sufficient in most of the cases.In some however, we need to do some extra treatments depending on the problems: e.g. a 65 years old patient will be much stiffer than a 5 years old child. Also when kids don't take care about their posture, or people don't stop sleeping on their stomac, you can imagine that some vertebras or ribs stay blocked and that some more treatments are necessary. As always, it depends on the case.

Sincerely,

Erwin HERMANS

Herbal Medication
Posted by: Jerome (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2002 02:09PM

I understand Mr. Gresert is visiting Trinidad in June 2002 for a few days. I understand also there are only a few sessions available from Mr. Gresert but, he'll be training other practitioners. I have a few questions ....

1) Can Mr. Gresert stay a little longer as we have alot of asthma and allergy cases in Trinidad ?

2) I understand that there are herbal Medications that can be taken alog side the treatment. Will these medications be available in Trinidad after Mr. Gresert leaves ?

3) What will be the average cost in (US dollars) for each session for a child ?

Thanking you in advance for your response !

Re: Herbal Medication
Date: May 21, 2002 02:33PM

Dear Jerome, thanks for your interest, I will send the questions asap to Jacques. As soon as he can he or me will reply. However notice that Jacques doesn't speak english, so I will translate, or he will use a kind of translation software.

Sincerely,

Erwin Hermans

Re: Herbal Medication
Date: May 22, 2002 02:32AM

Jerome, I contacted Jacques, so here are his answers:

1 Unfortunately Jacques can not stay any day longer in Trinidad since his flight tickets are booked and he cannnot change the dates anymore. But, in Trinidad he will treat lots of patients and train three new practicians who are able to continue his work when he leaves. So don't worry, the therapy will be continued in your country !

2.The treatment for asthmatics with the Gesret method doesn't require any herbal medication nor any other classic drug. Patients who are already taking medicaments will get rid of it thanks to the therapy.

3. The average cost per treatment is like everywhere: 55 us$, but in function of the social class of the patient ,so it can be a little less. For children, in the majority of the cases two treatments can be enough.

I hope we gave an answer to your questions, if you have some more, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Sincerely,

Erwin Hermans

Date: May 23, 2002 11:01AM

Dear Mr. Hermans,
Thank you very much for your answer and thanks for your offer.

I understand that it is too complicated to describe all the techniques, but the reason I would like you to lift a little on the lid is because I have seen many techniques to change the posture of the spine, but none who claims the succes rate on asthma like yours.

For my research I am therefore very interested in learning how your approach differs from the many others "schools" like posturology, chiropractic, AK and Osteopathic i.e. are there specific areas you concentrate upon, which little known theraputic tehniques or physiological findings are of particular relevance etc. Without "giving away your secret", I would think that it would important for you to share these in order to get as many people interested in this.

In my case, I know of many here in Norway (even just here in Trondheim) who would be interested in one of you coming here to give a course, but probably not without a little more clinical explanations.

Regards,
Bo Kähler

Date: May 23, 2002 12:58PM

Dear Mr. Kähler,

Nice to hear from you again. First off all we don't have any secrets to hide. We want to instruct our method as much as we can. But we cannot teach via written protocols or via internet, which you hopefully understand because it is about lots of practical techniques. Now, we differ from all other methods because Jacques Gesret has found the relationship between asthma, allergies, ...and the misallignments of the human body.
In our therapy, we restore the wrong body axes by a way of manipulations and movements of the spine, pelvis, knees, ankles, neck, ribs,.. Some techniques seem to be equal with osteopathic techniques, however, they are slightly different. And in this difference you can find the "secret" why our method works and others don't. Here, we do not know any osteopathic nor chiropractic technique that releases rib blocks and that releases a C1 joint block until it is really free ! So we are working on some details which are causing the diseases. Disturbances from the ortho- and parasympathetic nervous system will be restored, so that the human body can function as it has to do. With disappearance of asthma, allergies, eczema, psoriasis !
I had a hard discussion with American osteopaths who don't believe in a treatment protocol for this diseases. That is the reason why they cannot cure their patients at the moment.
We stand for a very solid, correct proven therapy with about 20 years of proven results (you can find this on the website)

There is only one way to prove what we are doing: not talking about it but demonstrate the therapy. Jacques did it many times: treat asthmatic patients in front of a public. By doing this several times you can see that what he found is not accidental.

I hope that I cleared out some problems for you now. At the other hand if you need more practical information about the formation in your country, don't hesitate to ask us, we are at your service !

Sincerely,
Erwin HERMANS
Osteopath D.O.
Methode GESRET - Instructor

Re: allergies
Posted by: RM (IP Logged)
Date: May 24, 2002 08:03AM

How successful is your treatment on common allergies such as dust and pollen?

Sincerely,

Richard

Date: May 24, 2002 08:11AM

Dear Richard,

Our therapy is allways successful on any kind of allergies, whether you are allergic for pollens, cheese, tomatos, dogs, cats, whatsoever.
Just because we do not treat the allergies but we treat the immune system. The defense is done by the body itself but we give back to the body the possibility to fight against the allergy. Most of the times, patients cure very quickly, however, some cases need a few sessions more depending on the severity of complaints and the malfunctioning of the body.

Sincerely,

Erwin Hermans

Date: May 24, 2002 08:41AM

Correction: there exists only one allergy we cannot cure and that is the allergy against the sun

Sorry it has slipped out of my mind (with thanks to Jacques Gesret)

Sincerely

Erwin HERMANS

Date: May 25, 2002 09:41PM

Dear Mr. Hermans,
Yes, I would like to know if there are anyone trained in your techniques in Norway or if you have had any requests for such.

If not, what would your preferred method of teaching be and how much does it cost. I know of several that might be interested.

Sincerely,
Bo Kähler

Date: May 25, 2002 10:18PM

Dear Mr. Herman,
Allow me to ask what you mean by rib block. What muscles are the one not functioning correctly? Also, how do you check that C1 is really free?

There is a hole "school" of chiros in the USA focussing on the "upper cervical" basically c1 and c2 (The now deceased Michael Kale also belonged to this).

Also, Thomas Griner has a technique releasing muscles that claims to cure asthma and allergies. It is therefore most interesting to compare your model and therapy with the other models and their methods.

One such is a lack of inhibition to sympathetic nervous system due to a less active cortex. Another is muscle spasm causing the broncial, trapeziuz an suboccipital muscles to malfunction (the first two obviously not causing correct exhaling and the latter by blocking the spheoid sinus nerve - causing histamin release which again causes the pituitary gland to "operate" the ANS incorrectly).

Finally, coming back to your approach as being the same or different form others. I would expect that "true BJ Palmer" chiros would go for restoring the spine - thereby reliving the asthma and other problems. Have they given any indication why they are not interested in your approach or results?

Sincerely,
Bo Kähler

Date: May 26, 2002 11:03AM

Dear Mr Kähler,

A rib block is a fixation of a rib in a specific way: posteriorly, upwards, ... in such a way that is cannot find its normal range of motion anymore. In this position, the joint is irritaed, inflamed and causes phantom-information which is sent to a certain place. In this case the bronvhii.
Please take a look at the English written part of the website (also the neurophysiological part), it should clear out most things.

Tests for C1 are very specific and are a part of most osteopathic, chiropractic and manual therapy schools. In a few minutes testing you can exactly determine the rotated position of C1 and C2.

We don't know the techniques of Griner, but I insist to say that the Gesret method is not a simple technique but a complete body approach from top till toe. Which means that many techniques are involved to cure asthma, allergies, etc... All our techniques make part of the complete therapy. If you miss one or you don't treat correctly, the system will not work.
This leads me to the next answer of your question: we do train people all over the world but in very small groups: or private one to one, or in small groups of max. 4-6 students. This because we are talking about a completely different therapy system in which every movement of the therapy is important. It is called the "Kata". We train people in their own praxis so that they can see their own patients. For one person it takes three days to get the full training as beginner, for a little bigger group we need approx 5 till 6 days. About the maximum of the time is spent with practical and personal "coaching" from us to you. When we travel so far to teach it is better you can find some colleagues since the costs of the teaching have to include the travel by plane, the hotel and lunches. If you would be interested I can send you a private mail about the costs.

Take care: once you have studied the therapy we are responsable for you so it means that we are interested in your treating results and that we take care of you if you have problems with a certain technique or whatsoever.

You will also have to sign a paper in which is stated that you will allways use the therapy as you learned from us and that you will never instruct anybody else without written permission from Mr. Gesret or from the council of teachers. This because the works of Jacques are legally deposed and protected. This was also a reason why my American friends stopped their interest at the moment, but that can change if we have found a legal sollution.

Sincerely,

Erwin HERMANS

Posted by: Antonio González (IP Logged)
Date: June 06, 2002 04:52PM

Dear Mr Kähler,

I´m an Osteopath from Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. México. I have been looking at your conversation about the Gesret Method. And if you allow me to, I will tell you some things.

I already received personal training directly by Mr. Jacques Gesret too, and this method is not taught in any chiropractic or osteopathic program, this is a clinical research with a lot of logic. I have had the opportunity to experience in my own clinic, the treatment of true and false asthma and see the inmediate results in breathing capacity very noticeable and freedom of respiration totally experienced by the patient also.

I can tell you that the system is very different than the osteopathic and chiropractic principles, I would actually call that method, the osteopathy of the future.

It is very difficult for some people to believe that there is a cure for asthma but after you see a session you get so positive that you can see a incredible possibility of the total cure. Believe me!

Antonio.

Re: WELCOME !asma
Posted by: Alda Soledade Maduro (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2002 09:57AM

Estou a elaborar um trabalho sobre a asma, gostaria de compreender até que ponto o relacionamento da criança asmática com a figura paterna irá influenciar no seu desenvolvimento.
Será que o facto do pai pouco presente, ou mesmo presente mas "ausente", pelo facto de estar muito ocupado pode influenciar as crises de asma?
Se me puder ajudar, ficarei grata.
Alda

Re: WELCOME !asma
Posted by: Jacques R Gesret (IP Logged)
Date: October 30, 2002 04:21PM

Do excuse me, but in what language you do write?
¿Me excusa, pero en qué idioma usted escribe?
Faça com licença, mas em que idioma escreve você?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Si vous voulez m'aider au fonctionnement du forum
Ce forum utilise Phorum 5.