English forum for United Kingdom :  Asthme methode Gesret HomeHome - forum - List of practitionners
Welcome on the forum. You will be able to ask your questions here and we will try to give you an answer as quick as possible.
First Session
Posted by: Looby (IP Logged)
Date: October 29, 2012 01:21PM

Due to non compliance with the ethical principles that apply to all practitioners trained in Gesret method®, Mr. Karl RICHARD is no longer part of our network and is no longer entitled to practice the method.

I have had asthma on and off since the age of 27 (I am now 55) I have tried various methods to heal the asthma but nothing long lasting. The most success I had was with the Buteyko method which I did diligently for 2 months but when I stopped the asthma gradully returned (autumn/winter is the worst time). I stumbled across the Gesret Method via google so decided to try it.

I had my first session on Saturday and prior to that had needed to take a steroid inhaler (Flixotide) daily....it is now Monday and have not needed the Flixotide only 2 puffs of ventolin so for me this is an improvement. I don't expect miracles after one session but am feeling very positive about the treatment and will give an update in the coming weeks.

Louise

Re: First Session
Posted by: Karl Richard (IP Logged)
Date: November 05, 2012 04:22PM

Hello Louise,

Thanks’ for posting.

I’m glad you felt an improvement already, I’m sure you’ll feel some more improvement after several other sessions. Please keep in mind that the oldest the blockages are the longest it takes to bring your posture back in balance.

Just so you know the Buteyko method is a respiratory reeducation and if practiced for a long time will improve your breathing but the crisis will eventually come back if you stop the exercises whereas the Gesret method helps you through a balanced posture not to have to experience those crisis again.

Anyhow if a Buteyko practitioner would like to post on the forum I would be very interested to exchange experience and views about our two methods.

Looking forward on reading your upgrade!

Regards,

Karl-Frédéric RICHARD

Follow up to first Session
Posted by: Looby (IP Logged)
Date: February 16, 2013 06:03PM

Hello, I wanted to give you an update on how my sessions with Karl are going as I have only posted once and have had 4 or 5 sessions so far. I can now say I have been asthma free since December, only needing to use my puffer a few times. For me this is miraculous as I had been suffering badly where I couldn't do any exercise or even walk upstairs without gasping for breath. Over the years I had tried various alternative treatments to get to the bottom of my asthma with no long lasting results. For the first time in many years I feel positive and optimistic I have at long last found a treatment that has worked. My life has changed immeasurably since seeing Karl and am astounded that this treatment isn't readily available to everyone in the UK ... it would save the NHS millions! I urge anyone with asthma to try the Gesret Method, for me it has been nothing short of a miracle.

Louise

Re: Follow up to first Session
Posted by: Karl Richard (IP Logged)
Date: February 18, 2013 09:30PM

Hi Louise,

Thank you for your second post. I am so pleased to know that you have had such positive results with the method! Those of us who practice the method are familiar with these such successes, and we appreciate you sharing your story so that others are aware of how impactful the method can be.

I agree that the NHS and other authorities like it would find value in this type of method. I and others are working to expand the reach of the Gesret method. We will look forward to support from people like you to help us.

Regards,

Karl-Frédéric RICHARD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Si vous voulez m'aider au fonctionnement du forum
Ce forum utilise Phorum 5.