English forum for United Kingdom :  Asthme methode Gesret HomeHome - forum - List of practitionners
Welcome on the forum. You will be able to ask your questions here and we will try to give you an answer as quick as possible.
One more testimony
Posted by: gaveitashot (IP Logged)
Date: January 11, 2012 12:27PM

Due to non compliance with the ethical principles that apply to all practitioners trained in Gesret method®, Mr. Erwin Hermans is no longer part of our network and is no longer entitled to practice the method.

After I got back problems and pains in 2011, I also suddenly started to get allergy and breathing problems in october. Here is a list of my symptoms since october:
- allergy to dust mites
- weight on the chest, pain and difficulty to breath in
- irritation of the bronchioles leading to them closing and opening up suddenly
- unnatural contraction of a muscle on the left of the throat
- right nostril almost always giving sensation of being full

I am inhalating corticoids to facilitate breathing in, but I decided to give a shot to the Gesret method. I had three sessions of one week interval in Paris, the last was the 2nd of january.

My problems are not gone yet as of today (january 12th), but I can testify of following improvements:
- lesser reaction to dust mites, and less irritation
- no more pain in the chest
- easier breathing in
- the nose gives less this sensation of being full

Things are not yet as well as before october, but it is rather appreciabe, and worth being known, no?

Re: One more testimony
Posted by: herwinh (IP Logged)
Date: January 11, 2012 01:57PM

Thanks for your post.
Good to read you are improving.
Don't stop with the treatment untill all the symptoms are gone.
Also take care of your position while sitting, sleeping etc.....
And keep us informed about your evolution.

sincerely
Erwin Hermans
Instructor of the Gesret method

Posted by: gaveitashot (IP Logged)
Date: January 11, 2012 02:29PM

I will keep you informed but I do not plan another visit before sometimes, as I do not live in a country where there is a Gesret practicioner. I have been told not to sleep on the stomach, which I otherwise did during most of my life so far. So I sleep on the side now. What about sitting ?

I can see you are an instructor of the Gesret method, how much time does it take to become a practicioner? Is it required to know osteopathy?

Posted by: herwinh (IP Logged)
Date: January 19, 2012 08:53AM

About the sitting position: always straight, not slumped on your chair, looking straight forward to your computer screen, television screen,... I think Karl has written some texts about this matter which can be found here on the forum.

To become a basic Gesret therapist it takes three days of full time training, followed by extra reunions. In Belgium the course is recognized by the professional association of osteopaths so it are mainly osteopaths who are following the training. In France I don't know exactly, but I think that most of them are osteopaths as well. For other countries it depends on the local medical education: doctor, physical therapist, osteopath, ......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Si vous voulez m'aider au fonctionnement du forum
Ce forum utilise Phorum 5.