THIS IS THE DESCRIPTION OF A SESSION FOR AN ADULT TO EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW THE METHOD WORKS.
Sessions follow a precise protocol. All the practitioners who use this method follow it. A detailed explanation would require a lot of time. So in brief:
- Firstly, we welcome and listen to the patient; he can explain all his difficulties and symptoms (I usually spend 10 minutes on this initial step, listening, taking notes and asking questions).
- Then we proceed with some tests to detect the possible presence of a shorter leg. We use wedges and check the equilibrium.
- After that we proceed to an examination, the patient is lying down. The 5 first ribs on each side are inspected as well as the cervical vertebrae (most importantly the first and second ones). The general axis of the body are checked.
- Then we move on to the real work, the manipulations.
The duration of this phase is dependent on multiple variables: build, age, confidence of the patient…
For children we proceed differently on the physical point, the “contact” point is more difficult, we try to make it into a game.
- After the manipulations, new tests are done to check the quality of the intervention, if needed we correct some ribs before the work with cervical vertebra.
Indeed, all the muscles at the cervical level are fixed to the first five thoracic segments, so they need to be in the correct positions to avoid any resistance or pain during the next manipulations.
- New tests are done, 6 salivation checks to prove the complete liberation of the first cervical vertebra. Then further tests are done standing up to check there is no shorter leg left. We might make a provisional heelpiece in cork to avoid the patient leaving with an unlevel pelvis (he would lose the advantages of the session).
Usually patients have many questions during the sessions, we always give them answers.
Translation: Laura Sorbets and Simon Neville
When You have just been treated with the Gesret method; you might feel some reactions (of variable degrees) just after the treatment. The strongest reactions usually occur after the first session.
The reactions (which differ from patient to patient) can include:
- Increase in ease of movement and amplitude
- Better equilibrium (the weight of the body is shared between both legs), better stability.
- Feeling of being taller, feeling straight/upright
- Sensation of wellbeing
- Feeling lighter, as if you are floating (physically and psychologically)
- No pain anymore.
- A clearer nose.
- “Fluid “sensation in the spinal column.
- Improved breathing.
Do not hesitate to tell your practitioner about any sign which indicates the benefits of the re-harmonization
- Muscular reactions in neck and lumbar region (muscle soreness)
- Feeling like have being “shaken”
- Provisional increase in symptoms (rebound effect)
The more the body and mind are affected; the stronger the reactions can be.
This should be over within 48 hours, if it is not the case, please contact your practitioner.
Imagine that you live in a house (your body), and that this house has subsiding foundations (your pelvis, a shorter leg): the doors and windows cannot be closed properly, the roof leaks on rainy days. You do not feel well in this house, you can become worried, you have colds, bronchitis, and you do not sleep well.
The Gesret method is like repairing this house, the foundations are underpinned, all the floors get fixed from the basement to the roof. When the house is repaired you feel comfortable inside; you are not scared, you feel safe.
It is not about clairvoyance, these observations are systematic. All the issues regarding “coughing”, “asthma”, “repetitive bronchitis”, “blocked nose”, “hay fever”, “allergies”, “eczema” have in common a false (or real) short right leg due to the posterior blocked rotation of the first rib. Diabetes, psoriasis, MS and other “auto immune” pathologies have in common a false (or real) short left leg. This is the result after 24 years of observation.
It is a global work, all the body is restructured from the feet to the head. During the sessions cervical vertebra will be unblocked straight after the thorax. There is not a specific work for each problem but a specific combination. We cannot fix the cervical vertebra if we keep a false short leg, a twisted sacrum or some ribs with a posterior blocked rotation. The body forms a whole from the feet to the head.
If osteopaths knew how to solve this kind of problems, I would only have reinvented warm water! My techniques are not osteopathic and I have been screaming for years in order not to be assimilated to an osteopath.
NO, osteopaths will not know how solve that because what I found they did not know, and my techniques are not taught in their curriculum or in any of their schools.
My technique is not taught in any osteopathy curriculum. Some physiotherapists, doctors, osteopaths, practice my techniques as the "Gesret method", as others practice the "Mezieres method", etc..
I refuse that title to be put on my techniques for several reasons:
- Osteopathy is now a brand of joint manipulations that doctors would like to take over because it is a very good marketing term among the public and having the title of osteotherapist is not as appealing and does not have as strong an impact.
- I have my own techniques and I have never taken even a one hour class in osteopathy. My techniques are much more accurate, with original tests that show whether the cervical are PERFECTLY IN ALIGNEMENT or not. What clearly distinguishes my techniques from osteopathic techniques is mainly the work on the rib cage.
Though again, I have nothing against osteopaths, they do their job, and the practitioners I have trained and I do ours. I have practitioners trained to my techniques who are osteopaths, they were the most difficult to train, because their habits needed to change. I "de-trained" them in a way.
No one can talk of osteopathy when it comes to my techniques because they can be taught in a week and practiced immediately afterwards. They have been used in several countries for 20 years now, and there has not been a single incident nor accident. It takes between 5 and 7 years of training to become an osteopath, their techniques are much more sophisticated than mine, I'm just a bonesetter of modern times.
I am saying this because there is an unconscious confusion, that may or may not be intentional, that suggests that my method is in fact osteopathy. In people's minds, they just need to go to "their" osteopath for him to apply my method.
Jacques Gesret (translated by Ashaneen)
A very runny nose and runny eyes are often a simple infection, and can be confused with allergy. Sometimes a simple bronchial obstruction that causes poor breath can also be mistaken for asthma. Thus, too many children are misdiagnosed with asthma.
If a child gasps, coughs, whistles and looks prety congested, but has no crisis with hyper tense shoulder, slow and forced breathing with pinched lips, and breathing looking only abdominal , then it is probably not asthma. Any child who got the flu that causes bronchitis, will breathe with the same difficulties and noise.
Instead of using a bronchodilator, it would be useful to clear mucus from his lungs
- Ipecac in 4 ch is an antispasmodic and mucous thinner
- Antimonum tartaricum is a mucolytic agent that breaks the sticky structure of the mucus.
In these cases of brochitis, you can also make turnip syrup, a very effective expectorant; the recipe is on the forum in the "grandmother's recipes." Also, bronchitis can be managed well without an arsenal of corticosteroids and bronchodilators. And to make syrup with the juice of a turnip, there is no need to go through a doctor or pharmacy, just a grocer.
Asthma, on the other hand, is caused by the body falsely identifying the presence of a foreign body in the bronchi. This information is caused by subluxated ribs and the reaction will come from the bronchus which issued the message. However, during treatment, or just after, whether there is a foreign body, that would be bacteria causing an infection, the response will be the same : an asthma attack. So you have to wait until the mucus is discharged, and then you will see the change.
In short: if the bronchi are being assaulted by an infection following a treatment with the Gesret method, you must wait until it has passed to determine whether the asthma has disappeared or not. If the child has no infection, no episode of flu, no fungi or mycoplasmas in the lungs, healing is very fast.