English forum for United Kingdom :  Asthme methode Gesret HomeHome - forum - List of practitionners
Welcome on the forum. You will be able to ask your questions here and we will try to give you an answer as quick as possible.
Gesret method with Karl Richard
Posted by: dee (IP Logged)
Date: February 28, 2011 12:15PM

Due to non compliance with the ethical principles that apply to all practitioners trained in Gesret method®, Mr. Karl RICHARD is no longer part of our network and is no longer entitled to practice the method.

I have a 7 year old son who has suffered from asthma almost all his life. He has had several asthma attacks and been admitted to hospital several times over the past 7 years and we had come to accept this as a way of life. He used his inhaler to help him clear his airways several times a day.
A friend told me about the Gesret method and of Karl Richard who practices this method now in London. She told me about the positive effect this had on her son. So I decided to try it. The first time I took my son to Karl I was pleased at how good he was with children and he made my son feel very comfortable from the outset. He spent approximately 45 minutes on the treatment. That evening we went home and when I put my son to bed for the first time in years he did not need his inhaler before going to sleep. This lasted for a couple of days, and then on the third day he needed his inhaler. The following treatment a week later resulted in an even better result. He did not need his inhaler for at least 5-6 days . The following treatment resulted in him not requiring his inhaler for over a week. It seems that each time we go the period that he can go without his inhaler gets longer and longer. We took a break for a while since we had a family holiday and we will resume treatment and continue to monitor the effect of the treatment. The results as far as I am concerned have been unbelievable.

Re: Gesret method with Karl Richard
Posted by: herwinh (IP Logged)
Date: February 28, 2011 05:23PM

Dear Dee,

Nice to hear your son is getting better.
Have some patience and within a short time you'll see he is even better !

No need to say you have a very good therapist in London. He is really doing a very good job and I am sure he has a good future over there.
Best regards

erwin hermans
International instructor in the Gesret method

Posted by: Karl Richard (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2011 11:23PM

Hello Dee,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very pleased to hear that you have found the method helpful for your son.

I look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Karl

Posted by: stephk (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2011 09:51PM

Hello

I have never had any asthma attacks but have difficulties breathing when I have a cold and have a weak peak flow. My son was born very prematurely and also treated for TB for a year at the age of 18 months. His lungs are more susceptible. So I have been told by the GPs. He is now 3.5 years old.
Last fall (Sep to early Nov 2010) my son had back to back chest infections and ended up having 6 courses of antibiotics (in addition to the previous years TB antibiotic courses and chest infections ones in the winter). This was really hard as I work in London and commute everyday from Hertfordshire. I had enough and did not want yet another antibiotic course. A friend of mine in Paris told me about Karl who was coming to London and I felt that I had nothing to lose so we met wit Karl. We started the treatment and both my son and I had the treatment. From a personal point of view everytime I go I feel much better when the session is finished. I have to admit that I believe that I need more time to finalise this and I am taking in all the recomendations one at a time so my progress is slow. For my son I was pleased to see the rest of the winter chest infection free, wheeze free and antibiotics free. Both my husband and I have been poor at following the recomendations but we'll go back to see Karl once we are ready to follow the recomendations to the letter ( they are easy is is just that we are not being good at sticking to it). I really believe that the GESRET method is the answer for us in the long term.

I am really glad that Karl is coming to London to expand the method here.
Steph

Posted by: Karl Richard (IP Logged)
Date: May 23, 2011 11:19PM

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for sharing your story on the forum.

You are right that it is important to follow the advice closely for the best results. I understand that it can be difficult for some patients to alter their lifestyle so completely, but once they do, they do not regret it.

Regards

Karl-Frédéric RICHARD
Practitioner GESRET method
Osteopath D.O. Acupuncture
+33 6 03 36 37 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Si vous voulez m'aider au fonctionnement du forum
Ce forum utilise Phorum 5.