English forum for United Kingdom :  Asthme methode Gesret HomeHome - forum - List of practitionners
Welcome on the forum. You will be able to ask your questions here and we will try to give you an answer as quick as possible.
Testimony
Posted by: CLJ (IP Logged)
Date: November 22, 2011 09:33AM

Due to non compliance with the ethical principles that apply to all practitioners trained in Gesret method®, Mr. Karl RICHARD is no longer part of our network and is no longer entitled to practice the method.

Hello,

I am here to testify about the positive effects of the method on my son.

Let's start with a little history: he was born 5 weeks early. From the very first days at the maternity hospital a gastroesophageal reflux was detected. He then started to take drugs. Three months later, he suffered from esophagitis. He was prescribed Mopral. By the age of 3 months he had already had 2 bronchiolitis.

At the age of 9 months, he was still taking Mopral, vomiting every 2 hours, had 8 bronchiolitis, a stunted growth , parents exhausted and desperate. New tests, fibroscopy : « No, Madam, there is no reflux... » After that I had a series of sessions making me feel guilty (nourishment problems reflect bonding problems to the mother). Then, he was prescribed flixotilde to treat asthma.

The situation stabilised, when he had an asthma attack, he vomited. We added ventoline, célestène... and this strange dry and barking cough which had been here since he was born... We regularly tried to reduce the treatment, but each time the relapses were more severe with frequent coughing and vomiting...

At the age of 2: one more attack that we couldn't stop in spite of all the drugs. The pediatrician no longer knew what to do. Between the age of 18 months to 2 years, our son had lost one pound and did not grow by even 1 cm! He was good-tempered enough, kept smiling but he couldn't run, he didn’t want to speak too much. He enjoyed doing puzzles or looking at picture books.

Completely exhausted, I googled « Why does asthma lead to vomiting ? » because I was so worried and running out of energy. And then I found this website. I hesitated because we’d already met an osteopath. My son had seen so many doctors and feared them!

With my husband we decided to go there but not do the treatment unless we really felt sure. I then made an appointment with Mr. Richard. From the first moments I was very surprised by the way he addressed my child. I was so happy to see him playing with dinosaurs during the session. He payed attention, was trusting and didn't cry! I couldn’t believe it! That night, he vomited more and more. I knew that sometimes the body’s reactions to osteopathy can be violent, so I reserved judgement for 24 hours.

The next day, no more vomiting, and since then no vomiting at all. After 2 tough and difficult years my son was spending a « normal » day. We kept on with the basic treatment, waiting for the next week's session. His nanny was impressed by his progress : he jumped with both feet and started to speak ! Maybe there is no link between language and osteopathy but I interpreted this as his mind being released from his repetitive asthma attacks.

Second and last session, one week later: my son was happy to play with the dinosaurs again. He was peaceful, smiling, and I rediscovered my child.
3 days after the session, my son refused his puffs (the basic treatment he asked for every night during 15 months). I was waiting for that moment. We stopped the treatment. Since then, everything has been fine! Our child plays with a ball, jumps out of his bed, he does silly things like other children and he’s fine!

I am a very relieved mother, able to write this down. The whole balance within the family has been modified. We are no longer permanently handling the situation to protect him. We can go to the zoo without fear of an asthma attack. We stopped being frightened permanently. Simply happiness! Even my elder daughter’s dolls were healed!

I’m not familiar with forums but for the very first time I’m so impressed by my son’s development and by his healing that it would have been selfish not to testify about it. I am spreading the good news to all those around me.
Thank you for this medical approach and for Dr Richard’s pedagogy: each time I see a dinosaur, I smile...

Re: Testimony
Posted by: Karl Richard (IP Logged)
Date: November 29, 2011 12:06PM

Hello,

I am always happy to hear positive testimonies in this forum. For example, a family that returns to normal and no longer requires medication or doctor visits is a real victory, from my perspective. Expecially in the case of children, being able to stop taking medication means less side effects! While medication/steroids may help in the short term, these steroids can eventually cause other disorders, like growth disorders, as you may have seen yourself.

However, I would like to clarify something. Jacques Gesret consider that his techniques are not "osteopathic" because they are not in the curriculum of schools of osteopathy. Osteoarticular manipulations are not performed exclusively by "osteopaths.”

Regards,

Karl-Frédéric RICHARD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Si vous voulez m'aider au fonctionnement du forum
Ce forum utilise Phorum 5.