English forum for United Kingdom :  Asthme methode Gesret HomeHome - forum - List of practitionners
Welcome on the forum. You will be able to ask your questions here and we will try to give you an answer as quick as possible.
no more asthma !…
Posted by: alphou (IP Logged)
Date: June 08, 2011 03:28PM

Due to non compliance with the ethical principles that apply to all practitioners trained in Gesret method®, Mr. Karl RICHARD is no longer part of our network and is no longer entitled to practice the method.

Hello everybody,

I wish to contribute to this forum with my testimony which, I hope, will encourage you to try the Gesret method.

In brief, I had asthma and it disappeared in 5 sessions. I also suffered from eczema, and it has significantly diminished.

I am 26, and I’ve had astma and eczema since I was a child.

My eczema first manifested itself when I was one year old. I had localised patches which would sometimes weep, more often in winter and particularly after periods of stress. I had always been treated with cortisone creams. The results were satisfactory, but with the inevitable secondary effects: thinning of the skin and depigmentation – which was clearly visible, as I have a black skin.

My asthma appeared when I was four. It manifests itself either following contact with an allergen (pet, pollen, dust) or after exercise. I had the usual treatment with bronchodilator. My situation was not catastrophic though, as I never ended up at Accident and Emergencies. I practiced sport three times a week, though I sometimes needed my inhaler afterwards. If I had to go to a house with a pet I would also use my inhaler before. However, every spring, because of the pollen, I had to take my inhaler daily for about three weeks. Anyway, the eczema was harder to live with, especially when it appeared on the face.

It all began with a very severe attack of eczema in December 2008. It started with the usual "winter symptoms" on the hands and on the face. (I should say that, during the previous months, I had followed a dermatologist’s advice to use a daily moisturising cream after the shower.) This attack quickly spread over much of my body (I would say more than 75%!) For two months my life was dictated by this eczema. It was especially unbearable after showering, as I could not stand the incessant itching and would spend an hour and a half covering myself with creams. Getting out of my bed in the morning was a torture and my sheets were covered with skin flakes every morning. I came to think I might have some rare disease.

Consequently, I went to see a dermatologist who assured me it was eczema and that I needed a cortisone cream. That was enough, and I decided I would never see a dermatologist anymore, and I started living an abstemious life : no more creams, no more alcohol, dairy products, sugar and fatty food, and I would try to reduce contact with allergens. I ate organic fruit and vegetables, and drank two litres of water per day (I tell you that's worth more than moisturising creams!) and used natural Aleppo soap.

Things improved in just a few weeks and only a few patches remained. As I was looking for information on Internet, I came across Mr Gesret's website. At first, I thought that curing asthma, eczema and allergies with osteopathic manipulations was suspicious, but a few details caught up my attention…

Yes, I had slept on my belly since I am a child.

Yes, I had one leg shorter than the other, and one of my feet did fall to one side more than the other when I lay down on my back – this had been treated with success by an osteopath when I was 10.

As spring was coming, I decided I would try to stop my first asthma attack with the fist-under-the-armpit-that-has-the-same-effect-as-ventolin and it did work reasonably well!

So I decided to get an appointment with Karl Richard. There was little effect on my asthma after the first session, but I stood more upright and was more comfortable when walking. I also started to follow his basic advice: stand straight and well balanced on both my legs, sleep on the back etc… The second session did not really change the situation either, and I had an asthma attack after the third manipulation. During the following two weeks I had continual breathing problems that I had never experienced before, and a perpetual dry cough that I had never had before. I needed my inhaler, and I was afraid the manipulation was having the reverse effect than that sought.

After the fourth session things got better and the cough finally cleared. I decided to have one final session and that I would stop if there was no clear result.
This time, Karl Richard worked especially on my neck and I suddenly felt that my chest was freed! He told me that it should be much better by now, and indeed I have not had need of the bronchodilator since May 2009!

It’s like magic! I have had no more problems with pollen and I can visit houses with pets.

But this is not a complete miracle cure either, as I do still experience some slight wheezing and some allergic responses, e.g. I get a running nose and itching eyes if I breathe in cats’ hair… but no more asthma!
As for the eczema, the attack I had this last winter was negligible (tiny patches on my hands and in my neck) despite having a lot of stress, and I did not even take particular care to eat healthily either.

I am writing this testimonial six months after my last session with Karl Richard. My words have no doubt lost in excitement what they have gained in objectivity. Those few hours at the osteopath changed my life - for ever, who knows? – and, judging by the many similar stories I have heard, the lives of many others.

Alpha from France, January 2010

Update June 2011 :
My asthma reappeared around January 2011. I am not sure why, but anyway I already went to see Karl Richard twice in May. Things are getting better but my asthma hasn’t disappeared yet.

Re: no more asthma !…
Posted by: Karl Richard (IP Logged)
Date: June 26, 2011 08:35PM

Hello Alpha,

Thank you for sharing this testimonial. Asthma can somtimes reappear due to a variety of factors. In some cases, extensive travel or lifestyle changes can have an impact. In these instances, an additional Gesret session can often return your relief from the symptoms.

Regards,

Karl-Frédéric RICHARD
Practitioner GESRET method
Osteopath D.O. Acupuncture
+33 6 03 36 37 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Si vous voulez m'aider au fonctionnement du forum
Ce forum utilise Phorum 5.