English forum for United Kingdom :  Asthme methode Gesret HomeHome - forum - List of practitionners
Welcome on the forum. You will be able to ask your questions here and we will try to give you an answer as quick as possible.
Older Asthma sufferer
Posted by: Sy S. Abend (IP Logged)
Date: August 05, 2004 03:05PM

I am 60 years old and was diagnosed with asthma only 6 years ago. Am I too old to get any value from the Gesret method? If positive results are possible, I would have to go to another country to get treatment. How long would I have to stay there to get valid results?

Thank you.

Re: Older Asthma sufferer
Posted by: Erwin Hermans (IP Logged)
Date: August 08, 2004 03:43PM

Dear Mr Mrs ? Abend,

I am sorry for my late reply, I had a few days off so here is my reply.

No, you are not too old for getting any benefit from our treatment method. Some days ago, I was happy to hear a 65 years old patient telling that he was cured from his allergy in only three treatments. It all depends on the flexibility of your structure which means the joints. It also depends on the case and on the severity of the symptoms.
Can you tell us more about your case? Do you suffer with the inspiration or expiration astma ? Do you have expectorations ? Do you use drugs ? ....
I don't know from which country you are mailing us but probably you must find a practicionner outside your country. You will need at least two weeks to get about three treatments, which is a good start to treat your disease. Maybe on a longer term you will need some extra treatments but we can't predict this at the moment.
Anyhow, stay in contact and mail us any question about this matter, I will be pleased to answer you.

Sincerely,

Erwin Hermans

The Gesret Method - Instructor

Posted by: Tonya Wood (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2006 08:05PM

Mr. Hermans,
I was curious as to find out how it works with older asthmatics. I am 29 years old and from the United States. I have had asthma for 28 years. I have been on the ventilator ten times in my life and have been on it two times in the past 10 months. I am on 12 different medications and most of them are twice a day if not three times a day. THe main asthma medications that I am taking currently are prednisone, theophylline, pulmocort inhaler, maxair inhaler, xopenex nebulizers, atrovent nebulizers, injection solumedrol. They are considering adding methyltrexate to that list as well. I have been tested for allergy asthma and I do not have any allergies. I have what is called reactive airway disease. My airways are so scarred from all of the attacks they are thinking about putting stents in my airways to help keep them open because each attack I seem to recover less and less. My aunt died of asthma at the age of 40 and I am on just as many meds and have just as many attacks as she did at my age compared to her age when she died. My attacks have a frequency of four to six times a week. I am not sure if your method would even be a consideration for me with as severe as my asthma and without it being allergy related. During my attacks my wheezes are during exhilation.

Posted by: Erwin Hermans (IP Logged)
Date: February 15, 2006 07:42AM

Dear Tonya,

First of all my excuses for the delay of this answer to you. Due to a mass of spam sent to our forum, I overlooked your question. By cleaning up the mess I found yours and I will answer it right now.

What a list of medications ! It's time to search a therapist (maybe in mexico ?) to help you breathing better and help to get your airways in doing what they have to do. Normally then you should be able to take less and less medication untill you don't need them anymore. But we are not God we are no magicians, this will take time but you have a very big chance in at least a big improvement and maybe in curing your disease.

I hope this will help you in finding a solution for you.

Best regards,

Erwin Hermans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Si vous voulez m'aider au fonctionnement du forum
Ce forum utilise Phorum 5.